Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waiting to exhale, and almost there

I know that we all have personal goals that we set for ourselves. I have set so many that it’s hard to keep track of them all. One of the most important that is to finish college in so shape or form. I want to set an example for my children to let them know that it is possible no matter the circumstance.  A brief history on me, I graduated in 2000. I always though college wasn’t for me, so I enrolled in the local community college and dropped out after a year and a half. After working for ten years, and finding a field that I love working in I decided I needed to take my job to the next level. I reenrolled in the same community college for an Associate in Science with a concentration in office administration in general and legal office.  Today I filled out my paper work for spring graduation and I will be walking across that stage in May! To me this is a huge accomplishment. I hate it took me ten years to figure out what I wanted to do, but I say it is well worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Well congratulations on your upcoming walk across that stage! How exciting and who cares how long it has taken. Be proud, you deserve it!

    Megan

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs